[Robin] Absinthe

Go down

[Robin] Absinthe Empty [Robin] Absinthe

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 6:17

Dorian squinted at the setting sun as he headed towards Robin's clinic with a small basket that clinked softly with each step. Inside lay a bottle of his favourite absinthe and a pair of crystal glasses.

He stepped up to the darkened clinic - Robin had closed to the public for the night, but Dorian knew he was still there. After all, someone had to tend to the occasional middle of the night shooting.

He knocked three times discreetly, as was his custom when outside the salon and patiently waited for Robin to answer.

Within a moment, the door swung open and the bird-faced doctor poked his head out and cocked his head to the side at the sight of the healthy and hale man before him.

"Evening, Robin. Care for some company?"

Back to top Go down

[Robin] Absinthe Empty Re: [Robin] Absinthe

Post by Robin Hood Sat 27 Aug - 6:22

Robin looked up. Dorian Grey. It was good to see him. He found Dorian to be a good friend. He had been there for him in tough times and more understanding than some.

"I haven't seen you in a while. Lilith is out with Gretel, causing trouble I'm sure. Come on in and have a seat. Is there something you wanted to discuss with me?"
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 6:24

Dorian inclined his head in thanks as he followed Robin inside. "Didn't have anything in particular I wanted to talk about. Can't I just catch up with an old friend?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Sat 27 Aug - 6:42

"Of course," Robin gestured to the table as sat at the other side of the table. He took off his mask and set it aside. He was all aware that Dorian wanted to drink with him and he wouldn't be able to do it with that on. He gave his friend a smile. "So tell me how is the Salon business treating you? Everyone in good health?"
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 7:14

"Everything is just fine." Dorian started to set up the drinks, placing smaller glasses inside the crystal ones and digging out a pouch of sugar cubes and a pair of slotted silver spoons. "My staff are in reasonably good health, even with that rabies scare going around, though I have come to the conclusion that was something Kyrie made up to scare Caramia with."

As he carefully balanced a sugar cube on each spoon, he looked up over the glasses at Robin. "I couldn't bother you for a pitcher of ice water, could I?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Sat 27 Aug - 7:31

Robin gave him a nod as he went to the ice box to retrieve some water. He hoped not to drink too much before Lilith got back. He could get a little free when he had too much to drink. Luckily he could usually hold his liquor better than most, though, Dorian could be a bit of a challenge.

He set a pitcher of ice water down at the table with a smile. "And how is Clarrisa? I was worried about her after our last check up, did her herpes clear up all right?"
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 7:39

Dorian frowned slightly, hoping that Robin didn't pick up on the imperceptible shift in mood. "Oh, ah- she moved. Last week. Said she wanted to be closer to her family."

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Sat 27 Aug - 7:53

Robin gave Dorian a pointed looked. It wasn't the first time he had gotten a flimsy excuse like this from him. "I thought she was born in the Brothel?" Most of his patients from the salon were born there due to the nature of the business. Though quite a few of them moved away. Most of the Don's didn't let people leave, but Dorian did. It was one of the things Robin admired of him. Like when he let his wife leave the Salon to take care of the church. "Shame. She always had a funny story in our check-ups."
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 8:35

"Well, she was a good girl. I decided to let her explore." Dorian shrugged, pouring the ice water over the sugar cubes and flooding the crystal glasses with green-tinted clouds as the absinthe muddled and swirled around the glass. "How's Lilith been?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Sat 27 Aug - 8:48

"Good. She's been quiet the help at the clinic. I haven't had decent help around here since..." He trailed off and shook his head. He didn't want to get into that discussion tonight; he had asked about Lilith. "She's been spending a lot of time with Gretel." He wasn't sure exactly how he felt about that. On one hand he was glad for Gretel to have someone she could get along with that wasn't Hansel or Scarlet, but on the other hand, he didn't like that it was Lilith. Gretel wasn't Hamelin but to say that there were no similarities would have been a lie. He just didn't want anything bad to happen to her.
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Aug - 9:06

"Ah. That could go either way, the two of them." Dorian swirled his glass and took a sip. "You'll either have inseparable friends or a pair of hellions on your case. I'd hope for the former, but we all know it's the latter that's most likely. Poor thing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Tue 30 Aug - 6:48

Robin sighed. That was the problem. He was worried about the influence Gretel would have on her. Though talking about had influences remind him of the last time he was with Dorian and Lilith. Robin picked up his drink. And with a glare in Dorian's direction, he tipped his head back, drinking the thick fluid all at once. He slammed the glass back down on the table.

"Speaking of bad influences." He stared down his friend from across the table. "What the hell was with your idea to give Lilith the Church?"
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 2 Sep - 6:59

Dorian didn't even flinch as the firm thunk of glass on wood reverberated through the clinic. He studied the liquid in his own glass. "I honestly believe it's about damn time someone used that building."

He looked up at Robin with a hard glint in his eye. "I mean, really, Robin. Would you please take the stick out of your ass and think about someone else for once? Lilith is a grown woman. She can do as she pleases and doesn't need to be molly coddled." He paused for a breath and sighed. "Really, if she wants to be here, she should be able to make her own way without one of us holding her hand. After all, what's life if you don't take a few risks? It's just spending every day waiting to die."

Before Robin could respond, Dorian drained his glass and set it down with purpose.

"Besides, what do you think your wife would say if she walked in there right now and saw what a miserable shit hole we've allowed it to become? I don't want Lilith to take over the church - that's not her place. We just need someone to take care of the property. It'll be like she never left."

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Hood Mon 5 Sep - 15:10

It wasn't so much about Lilith as it was about Robin and his wife. The church belonged to his wife, and she could take care of it again once he healed her, if she wanted too. Though after what happened with him he wasn't sure she would want too. Nobody had gone near the place since save the brothel workers and even then it was for funerals or to fix up the place.

He hated to admit it, but Dorian made a good point. He shouldn't control Lilith. And he didn't know why he expected Dorian to put his feeling into consideration, none of them had helped him that night, why should he expect him to put his opinion into account now. It was no secret that most those who remembered thought he should move on, but most of them had never been in love before. They didn't understand.

Hearing Dorian talk about his wife however just made him angry. Like any of them had any right to speak of her after what had happened. Robin stood up and made his way over to the door and opened it.

"Well Dorian, It's been a pleasure. I have some work to do now, so if you'll excuse me," Robin held the door aloft waiting for him to leave.
Robin Hood
Robin Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down