(Soh) Daily Bread Delivery

Go down

(Soh) Daily Bread Delivery Empty (Soh) Daily Bread Delivery

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jul - 19:40

The sun has only begun raising, announcing a new day. At this hour the streets were empty, and the only people that were up were the one that needed to rise early. Hansel was one of those people.

He just finished taking the last batch of freshly baked bread from the oven, and put them on the table. As the bread cooled off, he began the last preparations before heading out to deliver the bread. He looked around the kitchen and located his bag. He took out his note pad in which he confirmed the information about how many people he needed to deliver the bread to. This morning only Soh was on the list. He put away the pad in the bag, which he then put on. After he washed his hands, he proceeded to put the cooled off bread in the bags he used to transport the breads. Some of them were already inside, waiting.

He took the bags in his hands and went outside. As the cool air of the morning hit his cheeks he turned and went toward the direction of the town plaza, where Soh was normally waiting for him.

Back to top Go down

(Soh) Daily Bread Delivery Empty Re: (Soh) Daily Bread Delivery

Post by Soh Sat 2 Jul - 11:30

It was always a real pleasure to be up so early; Sure, most people had hardship getting out of bed before the sun, but it never was a problem for Soh. He enjoyed his morning walk to the town, looking at the stars and the rising sun. Prepping his shop and cooking a few things early was always fun too; this kind of simple, carefree life was pleasant to live. It was a shame it may not last forever.

He'd already gotten his delivery of cheese from the Adelheid farm, as well as vegetables and meat from random other farmers around town; all he was waiting for was Hansel's delivery. His bread really was the best in town, and he could only thrive to serve the best to his customers.

He looked up from his record book, noticing the other young man walking toward him. His face broke out in one of his pleasant smiles.

"Hello Hansel! Thanks for the bread, as always. Could I maybe ask for some extra help today...?"

The young man had something in mind asking it, his smile still intact on his face.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul - 0:07

When he entered the plaza, Hansel looked at the place where Soh usually was. He saw the young man looking at a book he recognized as the one Soh kept records in. Hansel felt his cheeks stretch into a bigger smile and he increased his pace a bit.

"Hey Soh! Good morning!", he beamed, "Here's your bread, as usual." As he said that he put the bags with bread on the surface next to Soh. "It is I who should thank you, after all you're our famiglia's best client!", he laughed.

The other part of what Soh said has piqued his curiosity: "Oh? What do you need help with?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Sun 10 Jul - 0:32

It was good to know the other was at least open to trying new things. Which was exactly what he was looking for.

"Of course I'd be a regular customer of yours, your bread is the best in town after all."

Closing his records book after writing his update regarding his delivery, he quickly shifted to take some food out of the oven, working on making it look nice.

"Just give me a minute... I tried to cook new things and need an opinion before serving it to paying customers, so I'd like you to try it and tell me what you think."

The young man gave him another of his innocent, charming smiles, knowing full well it'd be hard to imagine him harming anyone. If only they knew. Still, it was genuine this time, he really did like cooking and his little life as a restaurant owner, and took his business seriously.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul - 18:47

Hansel took a chair to sit down, while observing Soh's movements in the kitchen. He liked observing people who liked cooking, be it just food or baking since he could feel happiness radiating from them. Which they shared with everyone. It was just a nice feeling.

"Oh, I am sure it will be delicious as usual, Soh!" he said, "Your cooking is great after all". After saying that Hansel added teasingly: "But I will gladly test it for you just to be sure, and I am getting a free breakfast out of it too after all...". He giggled a bit, all while watching Soh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Sun 10 Jul - 19:34

At the mention of breakfast, the young man looked down at the dish in his hands. It wasn't exactly breakfast food, but then some people might enjoy a nice salad in the morning. Odd people, maybe.

It was a simple dish really; sliced tomatoes, with sliced cheese from Heidi's farm in between the slices, going in a circle and covered in his own special sauce he'd made himself. A bit of basilic with it all and it would be perfect really.

His second dish was a simple warm sandwich of sort; he'd spread out some tomato sauce,added a bit of ham on it and melted cheese over it, making it kind of like a hybrid between a pizza and a sandwich. It was good to use his leftover bread from the day before, though they usually got turned into French toasts.

"I don't know if it's what you'd usually expect of a breakfast...I hope you'll still like it though! And of course it's free, since you're testing it out for me."

A
fter putting both dishes on the table in front of the young man, he sat down with him, looking at him expectantly. It should be delicious; the cheese was from Heidi's farm, the bread was Hansel's, and the tomatoes were freshly picked a day ago by the local farmer he bought his produce from. In the same way, he had made sure the meat he'd used was the best he could find. Everything here would be mouth watering on its own; now the problem was wether it was good put together.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 21:42

Hansel moved his gaze from Soh to the plates the latter put on the table in front of him. He observed the dishes closely: one of them had slices of tomatoes and slices of cheese with some sauce. This one was a cold dish. Next, he looked at the bread, which was a hot dish and smelled delicious. He swallowed the drool that began to accumulate in his mouth and then said:

"Now, one of my favorite dilemmas: which one I should try out first - the hot or the cold dish!", he then beamed at Soh. Then he took the cold dish:

"I will do it properly then" , he clapped his hands together, then grabbed the utensils and cut into the cheese and the tomato. He then mixed the bits a little, so they would be covered properly in sauce and took a bite.

It was kind of unusual, but it was delicious. He couldn't help but find it interesting. He never ate this kind of cheese before so he decided to ask Soh:

"What kind of a cheese is that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Tue 12 Jul - 16:15

It had been a good idea to ask a fellow cook for his opinion; he knew what he was talking about, and from the way he observed the food before eating, Soh knew his opinion would be great.

He did look like he enjoyed it too, which was a good thing so far; his interest in the food and his questions only furthered the impression.

"It's some of Heidi's cheese! I try to only use the best when making food, and I know this one is well liked around town for a good reason. I think that specific kind is called mozzarella di buffala, she has special cows for it!"

He pulled the chair to take a seat with him as he waited for more feedback.

"So, do you like it? Any suggestions maybe?"
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul - 0:07

"So this is how mozzarella tastes"

Hansel had never before had a chance to taste proper mozzarella cheese. It was nice to put a name on a taste. Hansel put another bit of the salad in his mouth. After he finished chewing it, he swallowed and, with a smile, began to talk.

"I like it very much.", he giggles, "The tomatoes are great with this cheese and the sauce does give the dish a sort of unique taste. A very good salad to serve in the summer.", he definitely needed to bring Gretel here to try it out. He was sure she would like it. "How did you come up with this?"

As he waited for an answer, he decided to try the sandwich that was on the other plate, before it got cold. With his right hand he took the bread and took a bite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soh Sat 16 Jul - 1:08

With a small hum, Soh took out the small pad he usually kept to take commands when they got a bit lengthy, quickly writting down what Hansel had said about the meal. The feedback was pretty positive, which was a good thing really; he couldn't help but feel relieved.

"Oh, I don't know, I just thought it'd go well together? It sounded simple and fresh and like the tastes would just mix well. I'm glad you thought so too!"

He grinned his usual little grin as he waited for the other boy to eat the second dish.

"If you want, I can put some aside so you can bring it to Gretel too."

It was just a small commercial gesture really; he did try to befriend Gretel, but that wasn't on his mind right now. However he was well aware Hansel would like that offer, and would be even more likely to drop by to eat...besides, if Gretel liked it as well, she too would be a more regular client.
Soh
Soh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forum Roleplay  photo htf-affilliate-1.pngDistant Fantasies