[Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk

Go down

[Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk Empty [Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 21:12

"A meeting again, huh" Hansel thought as he entered the meeting room.

He looked around the familiar place with purple chairs around a mahogany table with a red tablecloth with an intricate design on it. It was quite exciting to be here again because a lot of stuff always happened. When a problem arises it is a place to come and argue, when a festival needs to be organized it is a place to come and bring ideas. Or introduce new people, like that one time with a girl with no memories and whom no one has seen before, Fuka.

Today's meeting was one of these occurrences. A festival had to be organized. Earlier Scarlet has come to him and said that for once he will put responsibility in his hands, and that he will be unable of attending the meeting that day because he had to do something very important that day. Hansel liked festivals, it was always something fun to do, even if other famiglias were involved.

With that in mind, he sat on his usual chair.

Back to top Go down

[Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk Empty Re: [Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk

Post by Caramia Mon 6 Jun - 22:04

The summer baking festival was one of Caramia's favorite festivals; a fun day where everyone got along and worked hard on creating the best dishes. A big feast where people could be friendly and not care aboit violence anymore.

It was even more pleasant to know this year was his family's turn to co-host the events, with the Grimm family. While everyone had expected Scarlet to be in charge, it had been Hansel who'd been asked to help this time; soething to do with him being a better cook.

The lion walked in the meeting room confidently, smiling when he saw the other was here already.

"Well, we're both here, so let's begin? We have a lot to do. Decide what dish to make, agree on how things will happen,  all that."

That was probably Hansel's first time organising something, so he'd have to take the lead. He sat facing the young man with a smile.

Last edited by Caramia on Mon 6 Jun - 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

[Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk Empty Re: [Caramia][pre-event] Important Food Talk

Post by Guest Mon 6 Jun - 23:04

Hansel looked up when he heard the door opening and saw Caramia. He knew that he had to meet with one of the main members of the famiglia Oz, since Scarlet did tell him about who they were co-hosting the festival with, but it was still quite unnerving.

He also remembered the warning Red gave him: not to do anything brash to make sure the festival goes smoothly. Hansel kind of felt that there could be a threat in there, and while he knew Scarlet didn't like to use violence or guns, even though he wore one, it wouldn't mean that he couldn't get really angry.

"Hello, Caramia" Hansel said with a smile. He put his hands behind his back. He had some ideas to what he could propose for the festival food wise, but he was lost on questions of management, and it was something he couldn't wait to learn about. "So how do we make this work?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Mon 6 Jun - 23:37

Well at least the other was willing to work, and seemed friendly. Then again it was a good idea to be nice in this place; The Boots family had no problems enforcing the law, and it could be a little painful. Being immortal didn't make injuries go away magically after all.

"There's a lot of things to go over, I think it'd be good to look at what has been done in previous years..."

Thankfully for them, a few stacks of paper were already on the table; general reports on how the event had gone last year, courtesy of the families that had co-hosted it that time. All sort of paperwork on how the tables were arranged, the amount of ingredients needed, What went wrong or especially well... Stuff he was used to learning about as a don. Though he doubted Hansel had really ever seen any of that side of the mafias.

With a small sigh at the sight of even more paperwork to do, he looked back toward his new coworker of sort.

"Our biggest concern right now is to share the tasks at hand. Since I have a consigliere in my family, it might be simpler if I get most of the data gathering tasks, such as who wants to participate and how many people we expect to come eat at the festival. Your family has three caporegime, so I think you'd be better off in charge of all the security aspects..."

Hansel in charge of security was a big first really, especially knowing how much destruction he generally caused. Maybe if he was put in charge of keeping things safe, he'd learn a thing or two about not blowing everything up. One could dream.

"We can probably meet up a few times like this to work out the minute details like the way we set the tables, though I think most of these things are always the same. We could change it or we could keep it since it works."

Was the younger man following? Caramia was so used to talking and having people listen to what he had to say and order when it came to logistics, it was a little hard to adjust to a newbie. Usually Kyrie would interrupt him only to add details he'd forgotten too...

Reaching for half the pile of papers, he quickly took his glasses out of his coat's pocket to slide them on, getting ready to do the unpleasant work that came with festivals.
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 9 Jun - 0:27

Hansel was familiar with paperwork. When he observed Scarlet working, the latter, when he was not patrolling or apologizing for whatever the deed the twins made, he was filling out and making himself familiar with the reports. Hansel and Gretel had to fill out the reports after all.

However, it didn't mean that Hansel understood well all of the information that was given to him by Caramia, however he couldn't let the other know. "Of course I would expect that the paperwork will be handled between the two of our famiglias, and that Scarlet will be properly informed about all of the procedures and the data".

He smiled as he looked into the eyes of the other male, "Also for the security part, we can take it. However, as you know, our resources in men are quite limited since what happened" he couldn't let it go after all, "but I think we can dispatch enough to secure the festival, so everyone could have fun. We need a proper schedule for the meetings now..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Thu 9 Jun - 1:27

It was surprising to see Hansel handle himself so maturely; a good surprise, but still a surprise. It was nice to know the other could be reliable, it saved him quite a few headaches.

"Don't worry, I'll share the datas I gather with you."

Not all of it probably, since Kyrie would likely keep some of it secret or just advise it might be best if things weren't known by enemy families, but still. When the other challenged him with his stare, Caramia didn't move or stammer or look away, not about to lose in a staring contest of sort.

"I don't mind lending some of my men for the duration of the event."

Not that it would be a problem with his own territory's security, as he did have quite a few people working for him and they often worked to secure other events as well.

"As for a schedule, I think meeting twice a week would be good. Of course we'll call for a truce during the meetings... I'd rather we worked in peace to ensure the event goes well."

Thumbing through all the files in front of him, he pulled out the one titled "security" and handed it over to Hansel, before taking statistics on the previous years attendance for himself to look over.

"We also need to decide on a menu. Do we ask them to make a unique dish or offer different categories this year?"

He was fine with either really; it promised to be fun anyways.
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jun - 18:00

For Scarlet it was always important to check that proper information will get to their famiglia. Hansel remembered and tried to apply Scarlet's advice. "It can be done." he said in relation to the meetings ahead, and smiled.

Now, the most interesting and exciting part has come (in his opinion), the discussion about the actual food contest.
"Hum, what do you mean by different categories?", he asked, "do you mean that a participant can propose one dish per category? Or just that there will be more categories, but they only can participate once?".

There was some restaurants in town, the one he and his sister liked the most was Soh's (she would never admit it though). If he was thinking about the categories in relation to the menu Soh proposed, there was the appetizer, the main dish, the desert, and of course drinks.

"Is bread considered to be a part of the contest?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Mon 13 Jun - 14:08

It was just a silly idea he'd had, but he admittedly had always enjoyed this festival and, with such fond memories, had very little trouble remembering past ones. He recalled they'd once tried to make it even bigger by adding different type of dishes for people to make, all around the same theme. It hadn't been seen often since then, but it was a possibility.

"Once they made it so people could bake a pie, make some bread... So to answer your question, I guess bread is part of the contest, it's all up to us after all..."
He  shifted a little in his seat as he talked, making himself just a little more comfortable as he still looked at the reports in front of him.

"Just different sort of food items around the same theme. We can try doing that, or stick to just one; I think the later is simpler to put in place. It's probably why it's what we do usually. And I think one dish per category sounds nice, gives them more chance to win and more food to distribute to the townspeople afterward. I heard it was a little tough food wise lately, it could be welcomed..."

He looked back up to Hansel, giving him a quick grin; he too was pretty excited over the food stuff after all.

"I say we make our theme berries this year. You can make savory as well as sweet dish with them, so it can all work out nicely!"
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun - 20:34

"I'd say I agree with the theme, berries are nice to work with. We can go with that then" Hansel felt giddy from excitement.

Somehow, he felt that in another world and in other circumstances, maybe, Caramia and he could get along because Hansel could feel that he knew what he was talking about when it came to food. However, he wasn't about to say anything of the sort to the other male. He shifted a bit on his seat, as he tried to calm himself down just a bit. He glanced at the table and took one of the reports to familiarize himself with proper procedures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Tue 14 Jun - 22:11

So berries it was. It would be great really,and it had nothing to do with personal preferences; while he did like fruity things, he had only suggested it because it seemed like a theme that generally worked well in past years, and he knew people would enjoy it.

"What kind of dish are we picking? I think pies is a good way to go, but I'd like your input too."

The lion had a feeling he may regret making all the decisions; Hansel was involved too after all, it'd be great to see him suggest things and help decide everything. In the meantime, after a quick smile, he took out a paper and wrote down what they had so far. Which was a terribly short list. They had a lot of work to look forward to.
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down