OC Application : Cupid Empty OC Application : Cupid

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 9:20

OC Application : Cupid Cupid_by_merieth-da9onh8

Cupid

Faction

Deus Famiglia - Consigliere (Former)
Current Faction : Grimm Famiglia

Physical appearancePersonalityBackstory/Others
Cupid is a short, petite girl who looks to be around the age of 17-20. She always wears pink dresses and puts fresh flowers in her hair. Cupid makes a point to look harmless and pretty, as she is a pacifist who promotes love and friendship over war. Her tiny pink wings and halo are her joy -- she especially loves to be complimented on her wings.
(See above picture)

Cupid can best be described as sweet, mischievous and a little childish on the surface.

She is drawn to those who are lonely and those who are struggling in love and does her best to help both.

Cupid is a friendly, cheerful character who enjoys getting to know everyone - she wishes to be someone who will hear anyone out and help with their troubles.

Deep down, she is somewhat lonely and depressed; as the patron of love, Cupid helps everyone achieve what she desires the most: a romantic partner. Her loneliness sometimes drives her to feel jealousy and envy, which leads her to play tricks on others.

With her special bow and arrows, she can alter peoples' emotions if she manages to hit them. Cupid has a plethora of arrows for emotions ranging from joy to jealousy, but her favorite arrow is by far the "Love" arrow - a projectile that invokes feelings of love in the target.

The power of her arrows can be resisted by those with a strong will, but those who are feeling unsure of themselves make easy prey. Cupid will never do anything to ruin a person's relationship with another, though, and almost always uses her arrows to play harmless pranks.

For instance, Cupid can sometimes "sense" if a person has romantic feelings towards another and she might try to hit them with a an arrow of "Truth" to help things along. While some say she is a meddler, she has actually helped quite a few people fall in love over the years.

Cupid is a bit mysterious at times as her true emotions are difficult to read behind a dazzling smile; most believe her to be a good person at heart, despite her mischievous streak.

Her goal in life is to make many friends, promote peace and, perhaps, fall in love herself.
Cupid is a member of the ruling class, and was once the consigliere of a famiglia known Deus. She served directly under Odin and handled all negotiations and was respected as a brilliant mediator. Back then, Cupid's personality was far purer and brighter, since the town was peaceful and every day was full of joy.

With her fellow Deus members--Odin, Danu, Isis and others--Cupid never felt lonely. She spent most of her days promoting love throughout the town and worked as a couples' counselor.

However, one day, the town was thrown into chaos and the famiglie were turned against each other when Hamelin, the don of Grimm, suddenly went mad. He attempted to murder Robin Hood's new wife and then took control of the town's children and animal-humans in order to wreak terrible havoc.

Cupid's memories of the past are blurred to the point where she is unsure if the others ever existed at all, because after that day...her fellows simply vanished.

Broken and alone, Cupid decided to give up the territory of Deus and allowed it to be split evenly amongst the remaining famiglie. In return, she asked for a opportunity to join a new famiglia. Cupid had a good reputation, so no one was opposed to the idea; the bargaining chip of a sizeable amount of territory simply sweetened the deal.

The town changed after that fateful day, and the famiglie became tense; battles were a daily occurrence, and this sickened Cupid to no end. For a time, her hair turned white and her eyes were coal gray.

She tried to hide or escape from the terror, but the battles only became more heated. She was pressured constantly to join a famiglia or risk being named an outlaw, but then she had an idea.

Cupid called a meeting with the leaders of every famiglie and pleaded that there be a day of peace. Eventually, Cupid's idea evolved into the present day Sunday Compromise.

Once the Compromise took effect, Cupid was able to relax a little more; however, she began to forget the events of the past, including the faces of her fellow Deus members.

Her personality was never the same - what remained was a pale reflection of the radiance that once burned brightly. She was miserable almost every day except for Sundays and still could not decide what famiglia to join.

Finally caving to pressure, Cupid was forced to make a decision.

She met with every high-ranking famiglia member and spoke with them at some length about their beliefs. Most seemed to dislike the idea of war, but accepted it simply as "the way things are."

Unsatisfied with her fruitless search, she finally went to speak with the Grimms. Cupid had little hope for this group, since the explosive Hansel and Gretel were infamous troublemakers. Still, after speaking with them, she could sense their inner pain at the exile of their don and felt empathetic.

Lastly, Cupid spoke with Scarlet - one of the most level-headed people in the entire town. He was cool and collected but carried a great burden--he was the only one left to look out for Hansel and Gretel, and she admired his dedication.

He agreed with her that war was not something he liked or desired, but was realistic about the town's situation. Cupid felt a glimmer of hope when she spoke with him and decided to join Famiglia Grimm.

Cupid eventually befriended the three of them and often helped with baking or household chores. Over time, color returned to her hair and eyes as she rediscovered what it meant to be happy and have friends.

She often attempts to go out with Hansel and Gretel to play tricks on people, but tries to encourage them not to hurt others - usually it doesn't end well. When it is time to apologize and make reparations, Cupid will almost always offer to assist Scarlet with the negotiations.

IN SUMMARY

Cupid. . .

• Enjoys making candies and sometimes sells them in the plaza
  • Tries to fill her own "void" by making others smile
  • Hates being alone
  • Is a pacifist, but she will try to fight if her friends are in trouble
  • Is curious about people and sometimes asks too many questions
  • Obviously, she's a hopeless romantic!
  • Has a lot of nightmares about the past, but she can't remember much
  • Biggest vice: Envy / Jealousy
  • Has absolutely terrible aim

Player : Cupid
Nickname/Name you want us to use for you
You can just call me Cupid or Sora xD
Age 25
Anything you'd like to tell us
It'd be cool to be friends outside of the forum too! :D

----
Alright, hope this is acceptable... lol. Any questions? just ask~

Since there was an option to create a new famiglia, I decided to do that. however, it would be weird to have an entire famiglia with only one member, so I said that the others simply disappeared.
I guess it could come up later in the story if anyone has ideas, but yeah I thought it sounded like a cool way to implement her.

hopefully no one has a problem with her joining the Grimm famiglia. IIRC there was never an explanation as to the Sunday Compromise so I thought a patron of love and a former consigliere/mediator might have something to do with it!

P.S. - character pic was made with dreamselfy ^_^

Last edited by Cupid on Mon 11 Jul - 13:04; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

OC Application : Cupid Empty Re: OC Application : Cupid

Post by Caramia Mon 11 Jul - 11:24

I think it's an interesting OC who can fit in much better Smile

I'll accept it, just make sure to talk to Scarlet/Hansel/Gretel about her so you can have a general idea of their dynamics together!

(I was afraid her arrows may be a bit too powerful but since you do say she's got bad aim, it balances it all well Smile )
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 11:45

awesome, glad to hear!

okay, where should I talk to them ? Very Happy should I make a group PM or something?

or maybe we could have a short RP together about how Cupid came to join Grimm famiglia?

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Mon 11 Jul - 11:47

You can do either of these! I don't know if group PM work, but you do have the possibility of making a thread in the Character Creations & Plotting forum to discuss plot points so I think I'd personally do that, after telling them about it Smile

Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 11:50

alright, thanks a bunch. I'll let them know about it via PM and ask if they're okay with doing a mini RP after discussing some things in the plotting forum Very Happy

much appreciated \o/

Back to top Go down

Post by Caramia Mon 11 Jul - 11:51

You're welcome, and! Welcome here for good ;D
Caramia
Caramia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul - 20:36

Let me finally welcome you properly! Hope you'll have fun smile

Back to top Go down